Saturday 26 November 2011

The final 40

I've decided on the following.  Maybe not too exciting but hopefully achievable:
  1. Visit Scandanavia
  2. Learn a foreign language
  3. Visit another continent
  4. See the Northern Lights
  5. Watch Citizen Kane to the end
  6. Achieve Grade 4 Piano Forte exam (after a break of about 25 years since grade 3 taken)
  7. Take an A level
  8. Drop from 40" to at the most 36" waist
  9. Read every Wallander book
  10. Swim in the North Sea
  11. Visit Paris
  12. Write a Haiku
  13. Attend a Tai Chi lesson to see if I enjoy/find it useful
  14. Do a fund raising event for charity. (Not sure what yet)
  15. Get a tattoo on my right arm
  16. Go on a road trip exploring Britain with no destination in mind
  17. Take a mini break on the Yorkshire coastline during winter
  18. Have no outstanding debit
  19. Buy or rent a place of my own
  20. Get a photograph published in a photography magazine
  21. Reach 1000km on my exercise bike (currently at 5)
  22. Complete at least one more 60 point module towards my OU degree
  23. Write a piano composition
  24. Create a piece of video art
  25. Read more about postmodernism so I can concisely explain what it is
  26. Ride a horse
  27. Appear on a TV quiz show
  28. Understand and complete a cryptic crossword
  29. Get a letter published in the Guardian
  30. Go to a music festival (not something I've done since my early 20s)
  31. Visit a jazz club
  32. Listen to Wagner's Ring Cycle from beginning to end
  33. Go to the ballet
  34. Take a break in Edinburgh
  35. See all 100 of Channel 4's 100 Greatest Films
  36. Listen to all 100 of Channel 4's 100 Greatest Albums
  37. Re-watch all of the West Wing
  38. Make a curry from scratch
  39. Climb to the top of York Minster
  40. Make a piece of Photoshop art.
Time to fire the starting gun.  799 days to achieve my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment